Enormously Useful. Surprisingly Smaller
The HSD is mighty but mini: It’s easy to handle, easy to share, extremely comfortable to ride, carries a whole lot of cargo—and all of this in a compact design that’s shorter than a standard bicycle.
Despite its diminutive stature, the HSD is a mid-sized cargo bike with some serious hauling capacity. With a maximum gross vehicle weight of 170 kg (374 lb) and an XL-sized Atlas H Rack™, it’ll carry a week’s worth of groceries or camping equipment for the weekend. It even has a dedicated trailer mount, so adding extra cargo is a cinch.
The HSD flips up for convenient vertical parking. Take it upstairs in an elevator and park it inside at home or at work—it needs just a wee bit of floor space.
With a longer wheelbase and extra-low center of gravity, the HSD is smoother and more stable than your standard E-bike. Easy-Step frame design paired with an adjustable stem and seatpost offers a comfortable upright riding position for both taller and shorter riders. Add a suspension fork and balloon tires and even the meanest cobblestone roads are comfortably navigated.
“The amount of thought Tern has put into their bikes really is astounding and it’s hard to look at the HSD and not wonder how they managed to fit so much utility, so much practicality into such a small e-bike”
– Electric Bike Report
- Bosch Active Line Plus (Gen3) motor
- Bosch Purion Display, 4-mode selectable, walk assist
- Bosch Power Pack 400Wh battery for a range of up to 110 km (69 mi)
- 6061 aluminium frame
- Custom Suntour suspension fork
- Shimano Alivio, 9-speed shifters
- Shimano Alivio, 9-speed, 11-32T cassette
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes front and rear
- Abus keyed-alike frame lock
- Fits riders from 150 to 195 cm (4’11” – 6’5”)
- Max. rider weight 120kg (264.6lb)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi, or Bobike GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed
- Folding size 163 x 40.5 x 86cm (64.2 x 15.9 x 33.9in)
Additional specifications and size guide can be found here